Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Muffins

Cinnamon Roll Muffins

I'm working my way up to real bona fide honest-to-goodness made-with-love cinnamon rolls. Like the ones Nana used to make (What? I can dream can't I?).

Baby Step #1: Make Easy Cinnamon Roll Muffins from Joy The Baker
Based on Quick and Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread at Baking Bites
(All the flavor of a cinnamon roll without the hassle!)

The part about making muffins that I never liked is filling up the muffin tins*. This statement in particular: "Divide batter evenly...". No matter what I do, it never comes out even. There are always one or two that look "less than" rather than equal. Then there's the borrowing from the fuller cups to even out the lesser cups, and pretty soon it's all a big mess. I need to let go. I know this and that's why I've decided to make muffins more often. It's good practice for letting go (and we get to eat them after). Case in point, these Easy Cinnamon Roll Muffins. I filled up the muffin cups with batter and there were a couple little runty ones. Oh well.**

The recipe gives the option to press the topping into the batter or swirl it in. Decisiveness being something else I'm working on, I decided to do both. I pressed half of the muffins and swirled the other six in order to see which way will work best. I'm letting go and making decisions. Such progress.

Next lesson: Listening to that little inner-voice. Like the one that told me it might be a good idea to put a cookie sheet underneath the muffin tin in case of spillage. Nope. I ignored it. I was in a "trusting in the world and all it encompasses" kind of a mood. Ha. Our pizza stone (which lives on the bottom rack of our oven) took the brunt of the cinnamon-sugar molten ooze-a-thon that followed. Not sure why it happened. It cleaned up easily enough though, and the muffins still tasted really good. Fiddle-de-dee. I'm letting go and accepting, listening to the intuitive little voices, and having another muffin... It's best to do this while they're still warm by the way.

*Cleaning out the muffin tin afterward is a strong second on this list.
**See how good I'm getting already.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!